Graduate students have varied options for financial support.*
- Research Assistantship
- Teaching Assistantship
These provide a stipend, along with a tuition and partial fee waiver.
In order to be considered for financial assistance and a tuition waiver, recipients must meet minimum requirements which include the following:
- The student must be enrolled in or applying to Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN).
- Applicants must have checked the box in the application form requesting financial aid.
- The student must be registered in the Graduate College in good standing. Exceptions may be granted for students during the summer, provided they were in good standing during the previous spring term.
Selection criteria for financial assistance and tuition waivers include:
- Academic merit, specific talent, and needs of the FSHN Department.
- Grade point average, GRE scores, student's personal statement, and recommendation letters.
- Research assistantships are awarded based on a match between the student's planned area of research and the research interest of the faculty member who has space in his/her lab and funds to support the student.
*PSM students are not eligible for financial aid. They are responsible for their own financial support.